As you are probably aware, cases of COVID-19 are rising throughout the province, and here on Vancouver Island as well. Island Health’s Chief Medical Health Officer, Dr. Richard Stanwick, has issued a public health order regarding campgrounds and RV parks. Effective immediately, Paradise Village RV Park must collect contact information for each person in the park, and so this means:
- you must provide the Board with contact information for anyone using your site, as well as the dates that they are there. Contact information includes name(s), phone number(s) and email address(es). This information is required for Shareholders, their family members, guests, visitors and renters, and can be sent to email@example.com
We are also strongly urging you to please restrict the number of people in the park by limiting your own access to essential visits or stays, and by not having additional guests or visitors on your site. Of course, you have the right to access your site if you wish – we are not implementing a rule, but making a request. There are many people in our park who are either in a high-risk group, or care for someone in a high-risk group. We want to do our best to protect our friends and neighbours, and help our extended community bend the curve and get a handle on the virus.
As many of you are aware, our Caretaker, Chad, recently had a critical medical event. He was hospitalized for days and put in a medically-induced coma. Thankfully, he is home now and recovering. It is extremely important that you do NOT visit Chad, Fanika, Isaiah, or their home, so that we don’t compromise Chad’s health and chances for a full recovery. If you would like to send your well-wishes, you can forward those to the Board or Brian and Sharlene Betts (lot 98) and they will be passed on.
Just a reminder to be diligent about COVID-19 measures, including:
- washing your hands regularly;
- fully covering your coughs and sneezes;
- keeping 2m or 6ft from people outside of your household bubble;
- wearing a mask in common areas around people outside of your bubble; and
- regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces.
These are strenuous times during the Coronavirus and we greatly appreciate your co-operation and support.
Board of Directors Paradise Village